Monday, October 5, 2015

OCTOBER~LIVE ARTiFACTS OF MONIKA HASAN!

LIVE ARTiFACTS OF MONIKA HASAN

 1.Who are you?

​I am the Artist / Owner of My Best Self Art and Jewelry​

 2.What type of art do you make?
I make wood, oil pastel and paper collage art featuring women and men of color.  I recently expanded into jewelry casting molds of my work in brass and enamel.​

 3.When did you decide to practice your art, poetry and writing talents.


I began about 13 years ago when I needed an outlet to express myself creatively.  I have always had an artistic eye but being self taught I didn't know I had a voice or an artistic point of view until one day I went for it and began to use pastels and cut paper.  ​

4.Why is the creative art process important to you?

​I don't draw and so the process is one of trial and error.  I begin each piece by cutting paper randomly and playing with it until it feel right.  That's my sweet spot.  There is nothing more wonderful than to be so engrossed in a project that time goes away.  When I am in the creative process, I am able to hold on to a moment and a feeling and allow it to unfold in front of me.  The figure that emerges is a product of that process.  I don't get to meet him or her until it's done.​

5.Where is your next art showcase or performance?

​I will be at the Roxbury Open Studios on October ​3-4th in Hibernian Hall in Roxbury.

Monicka Hasan

​Owner I Artist
 
My Best Self Art



I
I

No comments:

Post a Comment